• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help finding g749 tie rod ends.

JerseyHick

Just wondering if any of you guys have a source for tie rod ends. One of mine is toast.
Checked Alfa Heavens site, no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ray.

vtdeucedriver

Just wondering if any of you guys have a source for tie rod ends. One of mine is toast.
Checked Alfa Heavens site, no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Ray.
Did you call them???? Its always been my interest to call to see as they might not have enough of them worth listing. Never hurts to call and ask.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Tie Rod ends.

Welcome home!

I saw new ones in a trailer up north. I need to make a trip before........well before it stops being warm.

I don't recall the difference left to right, something about thread, but I'll see what is there and if you don't find a local source I'll trade one for......19 more pictures of your build and finished truck.:-D

Good to see you're still around with the crew cab!

Attachments

JerseyHick

Thanks VTD. Good idea, I'll call Alfa Monday.
And yes Plowboy I'm still around. Been a little busy on a new 749 project. Think a few of you guys will like it. I hope to have it completed in two weeks. I'll post pics when it's done.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be looking at a pair while I type! what one do you need?
Do you need anything else?
I'll PM you my number

PS. I dug my 4 door cab out of the shed last week and started working on it again. At least it is all green now. I got all fired up when I came across a couple chunks of frame rail. I cannot decide if I should slide the axles back and remount them or cut the frame. If I recall correctly, that second cab only adds 39".

JerseyHick

Thanks Henderson. I'll check what thread I need and I'll let you know.

As for your quad cab. Do I understand correctly, your gonna cut your frame. Add a section, lengthening your wheelbase. Then you could use a full bed, not a shortened one like mine... THAT, would be a beast!!

vtdeucedriver

Thanks Henderson. I'll check what thread I need and I'll let you know.

As for your quad cab. Do I understand correctly, your gonna cut your frame. Add a section, lengthening your wheelbase. Then you could use a full bed, not a shortened one like mine... THAT, would be a beast!!
Is there a thread here on yours??? I like it. That says a lot as Im a purist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks