• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help finding year of 5 ton I purchased

bigmech

Bought a 5 ton from Govplanet . How do I tell the year for the SF97. It wasn't listed with the year. I remember there was a way on this great site. Govplanet gave me these number as a serial number NLOAQE C52500551

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Search for the serial on the truck yourself. The nloaqe is the military reg number the other is the serial. Sometimes the truck will have the serial stamped into the drivers side frame rail by the steering box. Govplanet may have the best intentions but mistakes can be made. Before you order any paperwork make sure the number is right and if the frame is stamped that it matches. The dash data plate if there should have a year. What model 5 ton is it?

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't determine the actual year, you will be able to decide what year you put on the SF97. Whatever you put on the sf97 is what they will put on the title.

MtnSnow

Well your truck is a M925 (dual tires)
Your serial number shows that it was #551 so I am going to go out on a limb and say it's a M925 and is a 1983 based upon the Serial number as I found other 1983 M925 with serials below yours and above yours

The photos are named with their year and then their serials (One of which was built just 4 ahead of yours #547)

Note I included a RRAD Rebuild tag as it showed a serial very clearly and it was attached to a 1983 truck as well.

1983-00807.jpg1983-00547.jpg1983-00861.jpg1983-00703.jpg1983-00506.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, the "O" in your reg is a "0" not an "O".

Army Says your truck was built in 88...

Belonged to the USARNG Region Training Site Maintenance - Michigan, so either the maintenance department, or a maintenance set I would guess. Out of Ft. Custer, MI.

MtnSnow, I checked the rest of the trucks data plates you posted. Yes, those are 1983 trucks.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
ZeroH (get it 0H not OH) I can't believe he got away with that. Remember there ain't no O or I in registration numbers in the militar . Only 1 and 0. Now go choke and flog yourself about the head neck and shoulders.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks