• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help for a new m936 owner please...

Well I got the pcb pulled off and it looks nothing like the one shown being disassembled and rebuilt. I'm not sure if it is even able to be rebuilt. Its literally a solid box other than where the plug unit threads into place. Any thoughts on what it takes to get it done or replacement unit for it? Or if it is even a culprit for being damaged by the incorrect shut down procedure.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's soldered shut. Melt the end where the plug is and scrape it out. Remove back screws and the internal guts slide out the bottom

There are 4 different styles

Got the box open, I guess my next question would be, my truck is an abs system truck now. Do I need to replace what is the upper solenoid with the same style as the lower solenoid? Or do I need to get a replacement style upper to put back in, not knowing if just one or both is going out? Or do I bite the bullet and buy a 900 series box that has the ability to support the abs system? 20210328_171314.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Break the chip board off. Remove those solenoids. Arrange the new ones as such. You will need a new jumper power feed rather than the copper bar to the top solenoid

You will need some diodes. 600v will do. These are placed from the power side of the solenoid to ground in the event you hook the batteries up wrong

Tell me what color wires are what pin in the connector and I'll tell you where they go.

Attachments

Yellow wire-left small upper pin
Red air-tight small upper pin
Center small pin-no wire
Orange wire-left medium pin
Black small gauge wire-right medium pin
Two large black wires-two lower large lower pins.
Where should I get the 600v diodes? Would the jumper power feed replacement go to the new diodes? 20210328_174220.jpg

WildernessJeep

Red air-tight small upper pin
Center small pin-no wire
Black small gauge wire-right medium pin
Two large black wires-two lower large lower pins.
Where should I get the 600v diodes? Would the jumper power feed replacement go to the new diodes? View attachment 829937
You can get them on Amazon or PM me your address and I'll drop a couple in the mail to you in the morning. I think you have to buy packs of 20 on the Amazon.

You can get them on Amazon or PM me your address and I'll drop a couple in the mail to you in the morning. I think you have to buy packs of 20 on the Amazon.
I can get them from Amazon overnight with my prime shipping. What amp do I need? They show everything from 1 amp to 4 amp in the 20 pack. I'm guessing the higher amp ones, but not positive. Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can get them from Amazon overnight with my prime shipping. What amp do I need? They show everything from 1 amp to 4 amp in the 20 pack. I'm guessing the higher amp ones, but not positive. Thanks.
Doesn't matter. It's just there in case the batteries are hooked up backwards you don't torch the harness

Doesn't matter. It's just there in case the batteries are hooked up backwards you don't torch the harness
Okay, I'll get them ordered right away and get them on the way. Once I get the diodes from Amazon and wiring layout from you I will be ready to tackle it for sure. I am very thankful for all your advice on this. Thank you very much. If this doesn't teach me to be more attentive when shutting down the truck nothing else will.

Break the chip board off. Remove those solenoids. Arrange the new ones as such. You will need a new jumper power feed rather than the copper bar to the top solenoid

You will need some diodes. 600v will do. These are placed from the power side of the solenoid to ground in the event you hook the batteries up wrong

Tell me what color wires are what pin in the connector and I'll tell you where they go.
Some typos in my last description of wire colors to pins
Red wire-right small upper pin
Center small pin-no wire
Small black wire-right medium pin
Two large black wires two bottom large pins
If that makes sense. Thanks.

JRMMD

Hey Simp and all.
So I pulled my PCB and have the exact same situation as Goliath. Box is the same. Wire colors are the same (confirm with my pic). I read the rest of the thread. Assume my solution would be the same (my ‘84 has ABS too).
I need to order parts via Amazon too. Didn’t know if you could send links to the ones you suggest and tell me where to place them or recommend other suggestions. I included the pic of the two solenoids I bought (they are identical so only showing one).
Once the PCB box is done I will start working on the fuel issue. Thanks.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Any 24063 solenoid works. You need two. Those boxes just use two different types rather than matching. 939s use the same solenoids. One Is just continuous duty one is intermittent. I just make em both continuous

JRMMD

Any 24063 solenoid works. You need two. Those boxes just use two different types rather than matching. 939s use the same solenoids. One Is just continuous duty one is intermittent. I just make em both continuous
Sorry I didn’t phrase the question correctly. I bought the two solenoids and have them. You mentioned to Goliath to buy additional parts to replace (I assume) what the circuit board is doing. Some diodes and a jumper feed. Those were the items I meant to see if you had recommendations and where to place them in the new box setup. Sorry. Out of my element here.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Sorry I didn’t phrase the question correctly. I bought the two solenoids and have them. You mentioned to Goliath to buy additional parts to replace (I assume) what the circuit board is doing. Some diodes and a jumper feed. Those were the items I meant to see if you had recommendations and where to place them in the new box setup. Sorry. Out of my element here.
Jumper is just wire with crimp eyelits to fit the small and large posts. I won't be near a control box until tomorrow sometime that I can get the pin numbers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks