• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help from VOTECH's for M1009

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone ever contacted a vocational/technical school or diesel mechanic training school to work on vehicles/engines??

I am starting to have some leaks with my engine of my 1009. At this time, I can't tell where the leaks are from but they are worsening to the point I'm getting concerned. My hope is to have the engine completely rebuilt and maybe have the transmission redone even though I haven't had any problems with that.

I will have the time to let go of the truck for awhile since I just got another truck that will keep me going back and forth to work for awhile and then I plan to get it fixed.

Thoughts??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Help from VOTECH

Unfortunately around here, the students rarely get dirty anymore. I keep seeing more and more of the tools and shop equipment getting set out for auction with no intention of replacing it. It's sad to think that students don't have the resources available to them to get the technical education they need ,to have skilled trades taught, before getting out of high school. Maybe this is a drive by our state governments to get kids to go to college and feed the state income with tuition's? Argh

papercu

M1009

contacted a vocational/technical school
Back in the day when I was there the only ones that got worked on was the student vehicles or the instructor "friends" either way there was a long waiting list.
You may try the local Chevy dealer and see if one of the mechanic there does after hours work. Wayne

beaubeau

RE: M1009

I would clean up the engine and see where the leak is. It could be as simple as a Rotting oil line to the Oil cooler or a Transmission line. I just sold a m1009 that had a slight oil leak at rear main, but not a Dripping leak, just a little wetness is not bad! If the trans works, don't screw with it. Just a good oil change me be all U need.