• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help!! How do I get trailer information

crownjewel4

I picked up my M105A2 trailer today at Mechanicsburg PA. I got a great deal, and it is in nice shape. My question is, vehicle data plate is removed, and I want to request a SF-97 so I can title it. Is there anything to look for on the trailer itself, or something else to do? I figured if anyone could assist it would be you guys on SS.

I also found the cover in the rear of the trailer all folded up, I unfolded it at home and put it on. Like new CARC green color. SCORE!!!

I put the trailer to work, I loaded on a pallet of ammo cans I purchased, perfect fit. My F-250 pulled it home like it wasn't even behind me.

Just need your help in getting this titled.

Thanks,:grin::grin:

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet David Doyle will chime in, but I don't believe that there is a VIN any where on the chassis.

crownjewel4

I bet David Doyle will chime in, but I don't believe that there is a VIN any where on the chassis.
Any help is appreciated, I have the trailer home, and ready to process the SF-97 so I can title.

If anyone has gone through this process with a trailer without a dataplate, please chime in, I am anxious to get this on the road.

Thanks,:grin:

dittle

There was no vin or any identifying information listed by GL during the sale (not totally suprised if there wasn't by the way)? Go back through your online records with GL and see if you can find anything they have listed. 2cents

KaiserM109

I titled an M101 in Colorado as "Homebuilt" because it was 20 % missing. That saved me the $60 for the SF97. I’m not sure if you could claim homebuilt, but if you can it is sure a lot easier.

I titled 3 M105s and an MKT-85 with SF97s and WHAT A MESS!! The Army doesn't really put VIN numbers on trailers and sometimes a GL lot will have a bunch with the same serial number. The state trooper hesitated in signing the VIN inspection. Colorado DMV really got torqued over the format of the numbers on the SF97.

I also found the cover in the rear of the trailer all folded up, I unfolded it at home and put it on. Like new CARC green color. SCORE!!!
I was watching the auctions for canvas and sides for one of my 105s when I went to Ft. Carson to pick up a tent. I saw 3 BRAND NEW trailers, 2 with the canvas up and 1 with it folded and out of sight. When they went up for auction everyone was ignoring the 3rd one. I knew that it had canvas and I bought it for half of what the others went for.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew that it had canvas and I bought it for half of what the others went for.
The same thing happened with a M101A2 I bought. It was listed as a M101A1. The pics showed a flat tire and no tailgate or top.

When I was picking up some other stuff, I looked at the trailer only to find the tailgate, cover, sides and bows in the bed.

It only took some air in the tire.

Ohh...I picked it up for $20 over the opening bid...;-)

Fred431

In New Hampshire anything over 15 years old doesnt need a title however a VIN verification needs to done by a LEO. As for the make Just put US ARMY you will have to gestimate the year of manufacture. There is a portion of the form that can be checked if the VIN is missing. The DMV will issue one when you go to register it. I had no problem registering my M101A1 trailer of course this is NH where we dont' have to put up with a lot of BS Have copy of the bill of sale from GL. A LEO will not due a VIN check without proof that it is yours

skajm

I'm in Pa and my M416 I registered as a home built. the state issued a VIN. go to a tag place and ask for a home built trailer paperwork. read paper work. get the trailer up to spec marker lights on the side and rear lights. next find a garage to inspect the trail this is the hardest part, only some will do this. my tag place gave me a list of garages. the garage will fill out most of the paper work. return to tag place and have them ship to Harrisburg. a couple weeks if everything is ok you get tag and vin.

joe

Last edited:
In California, the autoclub can do the vin verification. I had a problem with one of my dataplates not having legible numbers. I was able to get the vin verified by Painting the numbers large on the framerail, re-stamping some of the plate.

Have some number welded on the toung, you generally fill our the SF97 and then GL just does the paperwork from the info YOU provide them. As long as the SF97 paper matches the data on the trailer, usually the vin-verification will go smooth.

Done this for 2 M101's and a Duece.....(SF97 verification I mean)2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks