• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help, I’m 6’2 and out of room.

AZ Mitch

What mods’ are out there for driver comfort in M939 series trucks? Parked myself behind the wheel of a M931 today and was disappointed to find that I am lacking leg room and feel like I’m hunched over the steering wheel. :-?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am 6'1" and bigger than just about anyone on the site and a 939 fits me. There must be something wrong with the seat. I have a Deuce and a 923 sitting here and it's like going from a clown car to a limo.

(No respect to a Deuce but I'm not a 18 year old and 145lbs.)

goldneagle

I have 3 M939 trucks. I installed an air ride seat in one of them. What a difference that makes. When I drive the truck without the air ride seat my back always complains. I got the seat pushed back as much as it can.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
IMG_2745.jpgI am 6'2" and this works fine for me. I do have to peek down a little when I am the first vehicle at a light sometimes though but that happens to me in most cars.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I put bucket seats out of a Dodge Neon in one of my former deuces. They rode good and there was lots of "tummy room" behind the wheel.
Since you have to build mounts anyway you can custom build them to your specs. You can still use the stock adjustment rails and still be able to slide the seats back and forth.

DrNefarious

6'8" 315lbs here and fit like a dream in my 923. Just adjust the seat back and make sure the window crank is facing down so your leg should rest right around it without hitting it. Oh and adjust the seat base some it helps!

AZ Mitch

Hey Builder boy,
Thanks for the tip, downloaded the T.M.’ But I’m having a little trouble staying awake reading over them all. Can you list the section I need? Thanks Mitch.

dburt

Time to get out the cutting tools and make an 'extra cab' or cab-and-a-half extension? Seems like everyone is making 4-door crew cabs out of the 900 series trucks and the deuces. And if you are going to go to all the work of cutting and stretching metal you may as well add 2 more doors and have alot of extra space. But what if a person just added an extra 6-12 inches to the back of the cab? Move the spare to the bed, and the exhaust could be worked around? Perhaps there is a thread on SS that shows something like this? Just my two bits worth, I'm only 5-10 and 180lbs and I too feel like I'm scrunched up in my 925 or 813.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks