• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! I need some Identification! T15? M28? M29?

Roadside

Hello,

Well I have not previously dealt with alot of MV's but today our salvage yard received something really interesting. I was told by some one that it is a Weasel built by studebaker. Now here is the part that I'm having trouble with.... after spending the better half of the morning on the internet educating myself about weasels I have reason to believe the one I have is a T15/M28. The tag on the vehicle says "Cargo Carrier Light T15" and a serial number of 456. Now from what I understand is that model is extremely rare. Now, all but an hour ago a man came in asking if we were selling it. He says he collects MV's and he told me it is a Weasel but not the one I thought it was. He said these were used in korean war. Is this guy trying to pull the wool over my eyes?

I saw on one page only 776 t15/m28's were made. Is this true?

Also since the salvage yard here isnt into collecting MV's per se what is the estimated value on something like this? I do have tracks for this also, It looks complete but probably needs some here and there work.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, the plate says t15 so I'd go with that. I don't know anything about Weasels other than the ones I have seen are wider and have the motors up front. With out going too deep into detail, most military(rare) vehicles are bought for just over scrap value since they are hard to get parts for. Its hard to decide what a good selling price is. May ruin the sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks