• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID 2 trailers Please

shadow

Hello all, I haven't posted in a long time but I need some help. I just won 2 trailers and I am not sure what their designation is.

I am lost as to what these trailers "M" numbers are. Are they M103a2, or M116a2 ???

These have a big wheel for the landing leg and are 1/4 ton trailers (advertized) but that has me thinking that is an error because the gensets should weigh about 1,000lb a piece so I would think 2,000lbs would have crushed the trailer.

I've never paid attention to these tow behinds and now I won 2 of them and need to figure out how to get them home. I don't really want to tow them with my pickup because I have no idea how they would tow. (tires,brakes,etc)

Here are the descriptions from each;

GENERATOR, TRAILER MOUNTED, 1/4 TON, 1966, JOHNSON FURNACE CO, (SALVAGE), 1 EA; GENERATORS, 10 KW, HERCULES, (SALVAGE), 2 EA. (REPAIRS REQUIRED, PARTS MAY BE MISSING) (SALVAGE) (1236WW0201IA29) 1 LOT.

http://gsaauctions.gov/clsauctions/regn6/61QSCI10034027.JPG

TRAILER/GENERATOR, 1968, JOHNSON MDL M103A3. (SALVAGE), 1 EA; GENERATORS, 10 KW, GAS, APPRX 180 HOURS, (SALVAGE), 1 EA, APPRX 1686.7 HOURS, (SALVAGE), 1 EA. (REPAIRS REQUIRED, INOPERABLE, PARTS MAY BE MISSING) (1236WW0201IA31) 1 LOT.

http://gsaauctions.gov/clsauctions/regn6/61QSCI10034029.JPG

They look the same to me and I am trying to find out the widths, lengths, tongue height, wheel/rim size, and empty weight. If I could just make sure what their "M" number is, I'm sure I can find some TM's to answer my questions. That is unless someone knows these types and could share that info with me. I would greatly appreciate it.

And before I get hate mail for not searching on my own, I have tried that but I am having some real problems with my firefox browser that keeps locking my computer every few mins for some reason. Java and PDF's seem to be the worst.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

CGarbee

They are the larger 1.5 ton varient-M103A2.
The big wheel for the landing leg and the lug pattern/wheels give it away as you suspected.

KsM715

CGarbee is correct. They are the same size as a M105 1.5 ton trailer only they have the flatbed rather than the cargo box.

shadow

Thank you for the answer. :mrgreen:

Now if I am looking at it correctly, the front rims of a deuce should be the same as what is on the trailers. Or is the bolt pattern different on the trailer hubs?

If their the same, I could take my front wheels off and use those to get one home. :jumpin:

CGarbee

Thank you for the answer. :mrgreen:

Now if I am looking at it correctly, the front rims of a deuce should be the same as what is on the trailers. Or is the bolt pattern different on the trailer hubs?

If their the same, I could take my front wheels off and use those to get one home. :jumpin:
Any of the rims on a duece should bolt right up... They are all the same (both on the truck and on the trailer...).

So, yes you can use the wheels from your truck to get your trailer home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks