• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID sheathed cable.

signsup

Picked up some NOS parts from an estate auction and there were 90 of these cables in a box of parts. All the other parts were Humvee, so I'm making a presumption here. Thinking maybe throttle cable, but pics I see show entire cable length is sheathed. This one is 45" long with 18" beint sheathed. Barrel end on one end and open at other end with a slide clevis type fitting in the middle.
Would like to know what you think they might fit so I can start finding a good home for them.

Thanks in advance.cable.JPG

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks a little light to be a brake cable, would not mind having a few as these would be easy to modify.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter

signsup

I bounced it off two vendors as well and neither can ID, so to the back burner for now. This estate auction also had 2 1/2 ton and 5 ton trucks, so it could be anything. Thanks for looking.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can positively say it is not a part for M880/890-series nor any other 60's-80's dodge truck, nor any 6x6 truck or jeep.. It looks very similar to a ford F250/350 E-brake cable, they are stranded cable and sheathed only a short distance, but those have a connector on both ends ..

Now for the "my guess is as bad as anyone's" portion of this post: The grommets on yours probably act as (dirt, dust) wipers.. Perhaps a control cable for some sort of piece of equipment ? Similar to a throttle, choke, or kill cable, the plain end of the wire could go through a screw-type connector attached to a lever at the controlled component

Last edited:

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bicycle brake cable and the rubber grommets acr as cushion against the bike frame.
aha!!! good catch !! the bare end inserts through the caliper connector , and yep, the other end has the tee .. Haha and now the double-jeopardy question, which brand does it fit ? :ROFLMAO:rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks