• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID tray. Ammo?

signsup

Another loose tray that came in my recent M1151 Gov Planet purchase. Approximately 14" long and 10" wide, one side is taller than the other, but both opposite ends are the same height. Rubber on all raised sides to prevent or grip something and small risers on bottom to mount above flat surface.
Humvee had the larger rack on the doghouse for the four 40mm racks and a smaller two .50 cal NATO box rack mounted, but this one was loose. What is it and where would it mount so I can look for mounting holes, wouldd be greatly appreciated.
I'll hang up and listen.ammo tray small 1.JPGammo tray small 1.JPG

Attachments

signsup

Thank you for this. Interesting as this M1151 has two jerry can mounts on each side of the inner tub with drain hose through the tub. But now this one water can bracket and no straps that I know of and no strap attachment points onto this carrier. So, any pics of this carrier installed so I can duplicate it?
Thanks again.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These would typically be mounted on the floor of the bed close to the wall of the fender with I think one footman loop on floor and one on fender side with a strap that snaps closed.

I believe only some models of armament carriers slant backs got them standard equipment.

signsup

Now that I know what to look for, I'm gonna go out and look for holes and footman loops. The jerry can holders have just a metal strap bolted to the side of the rear wheelhouse to hold a strap, but the jerry can holders themselves are slotted for straps and clips.

signsup

And, sure enough, four well nuts on the floor and a footman loop and strap on the floor and a footman loop on the top edge of the wheelhouse for the strap to clip onto. Located just forward of the jerry can holder. No footman loop and strap for the jerry cans, but holes where they were located. Two jerry can mounts and only one water can mount, so now I know what the military's priorities were.

water can mount.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks