• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifing tow bar foot please

5tondeuce

HI guys,
I purchased a tow bar a while back and it came with one foot on it.
It is much larger than the standard 1" foot for a 5 ton. I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on what it might have come on or what it will fit.
It has a 1-1/8" pin where the foot attaches to the tow bar, a 1" pin for the shackle mount on the truck and a 1-1/2" pin to attach to something. The tow bar is a little more than 7 feet long with 3" diameter tubes. The pics show a 1" foot next to it for comparison
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The one I saw was in a yard down south that had a scrap contract and had no interest in selling parts to anyone. I just happened to know his buddy and got to tag along. One of the few TB parts I have ever passed up.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
looks like a 1 1/2" and 1" combo, would be a right and left adaptor, also looks like the 1" side would work on the deuce and 5ts

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

Thats what I thought too, but this is only the second one I have seen since 2008. I probably shouldn't have passed it up, but I got a tow light bar instead. I think it was worth it!

gimpyrobb

Ehh, its not much heavier than the adjustable med. They are all heavy except for the original adjustable TB.

Darwin T

those allow you to used a medium tow bar to pull a 5 ton or use a heavy tow bar to pull a deuce. i forget with way. i look into buying some last month but i don't have anything bigger than a deuce (YET).

gimpyrobb

those allow you to used a medium tow bar to pull a 5 ton or use a heavy tow bar to pull a deuce. i forget with way. i look into buying some last month but i don't have anything bigger than a deuce (YET).

Wrong, not for the med tow bar.

gimpyrobb

Adapter for the monster towbar.

You should be able to find it in the TM for the monster towbar.
T.B.F.H.-JR.
Most call the monster tow bar the "tow bar from he11". That uses 1.5 inch pins. This would be for the "tow bar from he11- JR". It uses one and one eighth pins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks