• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identify This Light Tower

Memphisdoug

I am looking for help in identifying this light tower. It looks to be military but has no data plates anywhere. The generator is an Onan diesel. I believe the model is a 6.0 JE. I can't find any info on it either. I am trying to get it running but can't figure out if it is 12 volt or 24 volt. I also can't find a dipstick to check the oil? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crash_AF

As I posted in your other thread (460CES) It's a TF-1 Flood Light set. Commonly used by the USAF until about 10 years ago when they started phasing them out for newer ones.

The 5KW ONAN is basically the same as a MEP002. I believe that it is governor frequency regulated though rather than manually. IIRC it is 12V. Look on the starter solenoid and it might have 12 or 24V on it.

I'll dig through my old AF stuff and see if I can find the CD that I had all of the manuals for commonly used power gen equipment on. IIRC it was on there.

Later,
Joe

Isaac-1

The generator is an Onan J series, either DJB or DJE (DJE is the bored out version of the DJB and is visually identical), if your spec code is equal to or higher than AA (this is at the end of the full model number as it appears on dataplate, I am guessing something like 6.0DJE-3CM???????AA then it has the newer (post 1970's) YD series generator end, for reference on the YD series download a pdf of service manual 900-0184, google "Onan yd mixed 900-0184")

Ike

Memphisdoug

I have another question about this light tower. Since first posting, we have managed to break the glass in one of the reflectors when the trailer hit a bump in the road. The edge of the reflector is crimped around the glass to hold it in. When the glass broke, we also lost the bulb stabilizer that was in the reflector. Does anyone have one of these reflectors with the glass and stabilizer that they would like to sell me or have an idea where we might get one? Send me a PM and let me know.

We recently used the trailer at a scene where a tornado hit a campground with a lot of resultant damage. It really lit up the area!

Thanks for any help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks