• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify this trailer

ABN173

Can't help with the type, I remember they were in use in the early 90's to include Desert Storm...I remember unloading/loading rigs like that back when I was a private.

CW2 Dale Campbell

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an M872 trailer. 40 ft deck, carries 34 tons. Usually pulled by a M915 series
The M871 trailer has 2 axles, carries 22.5 tons. Ususally pulled bya M818 or M931

Both are called "S&P's" in the logistics world. Stands for Stake and Platform.

These are the A4 versions. A local NG unit has 60+ of these trailers in their motorpool. http://www.talbertmfg.com/news.html

Last edited:
i pulled one of these for the super conductor in texas from up in ill. to ny and back had to call in every 4 hours all the way there and back bad part was it was before i had a cell phone had to watch were ya parked and was always a usg plate around somewere .

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mark is right 34 ton capacity M872 we hauled these for millions of miles with our M915 tractors.

22 tires on the highway sing makes the 64 Charlie the driving king

If you have all the side boards and metal tarp loops and a tarp you have a great although heavy trailer.

Last edited: