• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identify

rbaldauf

New to SS, but I had MVs, in various levels of disrepair for ever. I've owned two M211s and 1 Reo 6X6. Nothing like the awesome vehicles on this site. The transmissions were out on both M211s. I put a trans and transfer out of a WW2 6X6 into one and had it moving, but had to sell it before I could get it finished cause I was moving, and didn't have the room. Anyways I found what I think is a WC pick-up that I absolutely positively had to have, but I had to buy 4 MVs to get it. The wife is losing her sense of humor. I got a 1943ish ambulance that the rusty body was hacked up with a sawzall, I'm saving it for parts. I ended up with my avatar, a GTB with no bed, got it started the other day, and moving but the left rear wheel rotates about 3/4 around then freezes up, back up and she will rotate back and freeze up. Haven't had time to do anything else. No rust, I love Arizona for that reason. I also had to buy this 6X6, used to be a water truck, frame was cracked, reinforced, then cracked again. Put a battery in it and all the starter does is clunk! It has a White gas engine, Timkin axles, the drive shaft is off to the front axle and the PTO drive shaft to the winch is also off. I can't find any pictures of anything with this type of windshield, any clues as to what this is and year? No data plates or title. I'll probably end up selling the GTB and the 6X6 to finance the WC. Did I mention I also have a M-43 sitting in the yard? That one runs good but doesn't stop. Got to much stuff, wife says I have A.D.D. can't concentrate. Any help on the ID would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like one of Memphis Truck and Equipments conversions

rbaldauf

Thanks, I thought it was but wasn't sure, is there anywhere on it I could find some numbers, other than the missing data plates, I could use to get some info on it? Also going to need some numbers to get a title. Know anything about GTBs??

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

You have some nice "yard art".

Got to much stuff, wife says I have A.D.D. can't concentrate. Any help on the ID would be appreciated. Thanks

How long has this woman known you?

She should know by now that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I suggest shiney stuff as a counter balance to green iron.

Good luck.[thumbzup]

rbaldauf

Newly weds, 26 years, she is pretty awesome. She doesn't like shiny stuff. Thanks for the location, I'll check it out. How bout the numbers on the GTB?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Memphis equipment did those windshield conversions a long time ago. The serial numbers are usually on the outside of the frame rail on the drivers side fwd of the axle. Sometimes they are on the passenger side but not often. CARNAC may be able to get info from the numbers, but I doubt it still being a gasser. It was probably released well before his records started.

jatonka

I know that Zeligson truck and equipment made those windshields years ago, are you guys sure that Memphis made them too? Zeligson was a major player in the oilfield/utility contractor arena in the 50s,60s, and 70s along with Memphis, SECO,etc. JT out

rbaldauf

The number I found on the frame is 98043. Does that tell me anything?? Still can't find one under the 10 coats of paint on the GTB. Should I be looking in the same place??