• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying a Military generator

1942 Mk1

First attempt at posting pics. Any help is appreciated.

I know that this is a 3 phase 220-440v , 15 kw, built in 1951 for the Army Corps of Engineers. Most of the nomenclature plates have been removed, don't know why, or their whereabouts.

I can take more pics if needed, I would really like to eventually be able to access a TM on this unit.

Thanks,
C Porter

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics look great. I've got one of those, not near as nice as that one. Buda diesel engine, correct? I can see what the data plates say on mine and report back.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Pics look great. I've got one of those, not near as nice as that one. Buda diesel engine, correct? I can see what the data plates say on mine and report back.
It's very nice. Pardon my ignorance, but what can it be used for?
3 phase 220/240? Welding I guess? AC?

Like I said...I'm ignorant when it comes to generators....well....ok....everything else too.:roll:

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a very similer unit to this but gas. It had a reconnection plate under the control panel and could be set for single phase not sure it that on is. Very nice unit by looking at pics. Does it run

1942 Mk1

Not all my pictures would load, will have to sort that out.

Hercules engine, 1,200 rpm, and runs like a Swiss watch.

We use this generator at our sugarhouse during the season, roughly 6 weeks per year as the primary source of power. I take power off all 3 legs and keep the load balanced as well as possible. With the addition of some new equipment last year, we have more 220 loads coming from 2 legs, and it is quite a bit easier to keep the load balanced.

I have issues with the automatic voltage regulator (ac) as in, it is very unreliable, so we run it in manual regulation all the time. It would be much easier to troubleshoot and repair these types of problems with a tech manual.

There are still some of the plates still attached, so I'll post all the info I have available and see if someone can come up with identifying model numbers.

Thanks for the assistance.

C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks