• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying a trailer

Ressoldier

I am wondering if anyone can tell me information on this trailer. It looks like it is set up to carry two AF pallets or other cargo. My questions are as follows:

1. Model number and Nomenclature?
2. Is it designed to be pulled at highway speeds?
3. Any other information that can be provided, like tires, brakes...etc.

I have towed a similar civilian trailer that was an equipment hauler, just wondering about information on this one.

39773582.jpg39773178.jpg

hoop

"2. Is it designed to be pulled at highway speeds?"

With a live tongue...good luck.

Danger Ranger

They must be pretty heavy, and heavy duty too, with those thick decks, tongues, and tandem dual axles. THere are a bunch of them wherever you are too... I want one, they look handy.

Ressoldier

They pull just like a trailer on a transfer truck(dump) or the second trailer of a doubles set-up. As mentioned I pulled one of these with a very short tongue which made it more exciting when trying to back up behind a Class B straight truck. I got to the point that I could back around corners or even down long narrow streets if I got stuck on the construction site. Going forward they are nice and will turn sharper and more stable then a regular trailer. The only information I have on them is dimensions and weight, 16' long 7.5' wide and 2000lb have not been able to find nomenclature or model to research more which is why I posted here asking for help.

G I JOE

I think this trailer is the MHU-110/M munitions trailer NSN 1740-00-403-8235. It is a ten wheeled, three axle trailer with a load capacity of up to 15,000 pounds. The trailer is used to transport munitions from the storage facility to the flight line.

Joe

Ressoldier

GI Joe thank you for the reply. It does appear to be that trailer and after researching it from your information it will not meet my needs. However if I did have some acreage I would pick it up as a hay wagon or utility wagon around the property.

AMMO 23

G I Joe you are 100 % correct. Max speed is about 25 with these trailers any faster and the are all over the place. I pulled these for 20 plus years when I was in the Air Force. I can not think of a good use for them in civilan world. If you load them wrong the front tires come off the ground saw it numberous times on the flight line never in the bomb dump

andrewklitch

I am wondering if anyone can tell me information on this trailer. It looks like it is set up to carry two AF pallets or other cargo. My questions are as follows:

1. Model number and Nomenclature?
2. Is it designed to be pulled at highway speeds?
3. Any other information that can be provided, like tires, brakes...etc.

I have towed a similar civilian trailer that was an equipment hauler, just wondering about information on this one.
Did you end up getting this trailer? Looking for one myself and any help would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks