• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying. MEP-003A listed as 002A on GL

ultim8gamr

I am looking into buying a generator from GL. The current auction has two MEP-003As with 2k+ hrs and a few MEP-002As for sale. one of the generators listed as an 002A has 2 exhaust pipes just like a MEP-003A would have. Is there a way to visually tell? It has zero hours on the meter so it must have just been rebuilt and the price is still at $170 with a day to go while the other low hour 002As in the lot are already $600. Im hoping no one else as caught on to this and i can bid low and win. here is a picture of said generator
21384067.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 pipes= 10K 4 cylinders
1 pipe=5K 2 cylinders

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has zero hours on the meter so it must have just been rebuilt View attachment 170444
I have previewed many MEP-003A and MEP-002A gensets. at several locations. Be very careful when you see low hours and especially zero hours on the Hobbs. Many of the gensets with zero or low hours obviously had many more hours on them based on poor condition. I've also seen handwritten notes on the gensets that stated 'add the following hours'. The problem is that the hour-meters get replaced so the gensets appear to have fewer hours on them than is actual.

Also, it is against the forum rules to post anything on SS involving an auction before the auction closes.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sofar, this thread is just fine. The intent is good. No rules are being broken. It's a fine line.

ultim8gamr

didn't mean to break any rules. was simply trying to get some clarification.

but my question still stands, has anyone removed the engines and used them for any kind of off highway utility vehicle. I was thinking it might be cool to take one of these smaller diesels and make a scaled down HMMWV or something similar

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are very heavy engines.

KsM715

The only problem with this thread is that you hoped no one else saw what you thought you saw then you posted about it and basically yelled out "hey everyone look at what I found" now I guarantee you will have more competition on it now.

ultim8gamr

With everyone seeming to be on the Eastcoast, I wasn't too concerned. And I've already let this lot pass by. They'll be more. So for now I'm just gathering information

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks