• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying old 5 ton truck

SCRAP

was looking at a truck the other day and was needing assistance to verify what it is. the truck had long fenders and 10 studs so I believe it to be a 5 ton, had power steering, and strangely enough a gas inline 6. the truck was a long wheelbase basket case with a tank mounted on a flatbed. the front clip is styled like a m818 but the gas engine stumped me. is this a rare truck worth messing with, it is missing quite a few parts to begin with, so i am leary of buying...ideas?

area52

The early 5 tons (M39 series) had a gas engine originally. The cargo version (14 foot bed) is a M54, not sure on the long wheel base number. I would not call them rare but they are kinda hard to find.

oh yea - nopics

SCRAP

thanks guys. knowing waht scrap prices are these days, what would you offer on a non running long wheel base truck as a parts truck with no title , assuming engine is bad, which i think it is...any ideas on value?

vtdeucedriver

M55 , M62 without Wrecker unit or Bridge truck . Tire size and width of truck ? Odds are it was the M55 .
M62 is not a long wheel base unless he is confused when the truck has no bed on it. If you have ever seen a M55, there will be no mistake in ever making that confusion again. Its the Limo of the MV world. Maybe someone can take some containers and join them end to end and make a big RV out of one??? Plenty of room.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks