• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID'ing light/gen set

Isaac-1

Can we get a picture of the generator, or a readable size picture of the Onan data plate?

Ike

p.s. I will guess it is a J series Onan of some type, most likely a DJB or DJE if it is diesel given the data plate appears to be mounted on a J series fan shroud, but again better photo would help. Maybe DJA if it is 2.25 KW

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That doesn't look familiar to me, but I will say that military gen sets were always underated in their output to me. The 5KW diesels with the Onan engines were available as a 10KW gen set in the civilian world.

Isaac-1

vertical parallel cylinders, or horizontal opposed cylinders?

Also can you read the fist 4 or 5 digits of the engine serial number, 2nd or 3rd space may be a B or C

model number should be at the top of the data plate in the 3rd photo, maybe a CCK, can't tell from the photo, format will be KW capacity followed by model number so something like 3.0CCK or 2.5CCK

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks