• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help is Needed!

Screamin' Metal

Hey guys, A friend has his M1008 @ the San Francisco Airport, the truck is cranking just fine, I believe its sucking air. I'm not there to fix this, could someone possibly help, belongs to a retired Marine 1st Sargent that has to travel about 300 miles to his sisters house.
His Brother lives close by, so he'll spend the night there(Friday Night). Or, if anyone knows a good diesel mechanic he can get to fix it, drop a line asap. Thanks![thumbzup]

stampy

Go to a local parts store and get a 12v fuel pump for diesel and put it inline before the filter with a switch to the battery (only the positive and negative on 1 battery). Run it for 20 seconds then try to start (DO NOT FLOOR IT WHILE TRYING TO START) leave your foot off the accelerator till it catches. (make sure when you put the pump in you actually get diesel from the tank (test run it) before you put it inline. If you get no fuel.... A. bad leak B. plugged tank sock C. empty tank D. flattened or swelled hose or metal line. If you get fuel and it still doesn't start. A new fuel filter B. solenoid valve have 24v dc? (ie did you hear a clunk after the glowplug light went off?) C IP or injectors.

Last edited:

Screamin' Metal

Thanks Stampy, I know all that, I concur with all of your dianoses..... he's is not mechanically inclined in the least! Ha! He had someone put a battery charger on a truck that was turning over just fine! Hahaha!
The Towtruck driver said they have a mechanic there at the towing place that can help monday!
Thanks for the help!!!!!
I'll talk to the mechanic monday morning since they are unfamiliar with the M1008 military stuff.

Screamin' Metal

Thanks Stampy, I know all that, I concur with all of your dianoses..... he's is not mechanically inclined in the least! Ha! He had someone put a battery charger on a truck that was turning over just fine! Hahaha!
The Towtruck driver said they have a mechanic there at the towing place that can help monday!
Thanks for the help!!!!!
I'll talk to the mechanic monday morning since they are unfamiliar with the M1008 military stuff.

Cucvnut

when my GF gets home this after noon from work I can go help. im about 45 min away. if he still needs help ill pm you my number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks