• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help... M1009 no wait light now

Hogg

Ok, Ive been reading for the last hour and Im not sure what the problem is... A few weeks ago ALL of my running lights went out, no blinkers, breaks, headlights, or tail lights but the guage lights in the dash still worked... I replaced the headlight fuse and they all started working again. Now the wait light for the GPs wont light up and truck will turn over but not start... Im no mechanic or electical engineer... Any help would be appreciated

Pop the hood and have an assistant turn the key while you listen for the relay closing. Odds are the GP module is not cycling. You can start without the plugs, but it's iffy. The manual GP conversion thread will have instructions on how to bypass the GP module and trigger the relay directly. Try that and then you'll know if the problem is in the module or the relay.

And of course as always, make sure your batteries are FULLY charged with tight and clean connections before attempting electrical troubleshooting.

ranchhopper

Yes the round silver one next to the brake booster it has a large red wire going to the top terminal with the half inch nut and a set of orange wires attached to the bottom terminal. Both wires attached to the two small terminals on the side should light up a test light whan the key is cycled for the GPs to go on.

Hogg

Thanks a bunch I'll try that out tomorrow... I appreciate the help, I'll get back to you guys and deliver the verdict...

ElsBenz

I had this happen to me a week ago. However my glow plugs and wait light didn't work. I changed the fuse and it worked again. Simple fix. At that time I decided to clean the rest of the fuses and blow out the fuse block. I put everything back together and everything worked. 2 days later all my lights went out as you described. Pulled the fuse and put it back in and everything is fine.

Check the fuse first!!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When working on the fuse box, please disconnect the batteries first. We don't want you creating another issue.

Buy some Electrical Contact Cleaner and some di-electric grease and clean all the fuse holders. It works wonders in fixing electrical issues.