• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP m35a2 problems

bc35339

I just got this truck and it starts (with jump) and runs great the speed and rpm gauge works but nothing else works , no light inside or out and no other gauges work. Who else has had this problem and where should I start. Fuse or bad swicth or bad connection? what would cause all of this to quit working. It is much easier to ask you guys/girls then to start from scratch troubleshooting couse im not to good at that.
Thanks for any and all info..

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You said you had to jump it to get it to run. If the alt doesn't get 24v to excite the charging circuit, you won't get nothing. Check your batterys first.

Check to make sure you aren't overwhelming the system either. When I first installed my rotating convoy lights I woud run them for a few mins and then half my electrical system would go dead. I would turn off the switch and the service drive, then turn just the service drive back on. Everything would be fine again as long as I didn't run the convoy lights for too long.... still a mystery to me, but my guess was that they were running with the truck at idle and the lack of jiuce coming from my generator would cause an overload if everything was on. Check your generator and your batteries.

dittle

I had a truck do the same thing, bad/dead batteries were the cause. Do like Gimpy said and start there.

kc5mzd

First I would test the obvious main power switch. Then there is a series of wire junctions (inline plugs) under the dash that get power from the starter. They are what powers everything. I would start unpluging them 1 at a time, cleaning and pluging them back in with a good electrical grease.

deathrowdave

Not sure but i think all gauges are controlled from 1 main power feed (spider harnass). It could be un plugged . Check grounds , just as Gimb instructed you to you need a VOM to check voltage and grounds. Good luck,Dave

kc5mzd

If the lights/guages work when it is being jumped (cables connected) and then don't when the cables are disconnected then I would suspect an open cell in a battery. If this is the case then I would just replace the batteries and that would likely fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks