• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help!! M37 bolt pattern

Recht71

M-37

I saw your post this morning ,I've been at my shop this morning .I have a 1963 M-37 B1 . I measured the pattern It's 4 1/16 inches center to center on the studs . I don't know why the big diffrents in what I measured and what you guy did , but thats what I have. Till Later

Last edited:

CGarbee

I saw your post this morning ,I've been at my shop this morning .I have a 1963 M-37 B1 . I measured the pattern It's 4 1/16 inches center to center on the studs . I don't know why the big diffrents in what I measured and what you guy did , but thats what I have. Till Later

That's not the actual procedure for measuring a five bolt pattern. For a five lug pattern, you measure from the back of one hole to the center of the second bolt hole (skip one). This is done as it's easier (and just as correct) as trying to measure from the center of the stud to the point on the circumference where a stud would be...

Measuring from the center of one stud to the center of the one directly accross is used when you have an even number of studs.

Measuring from the center of one stud to the center of the next gives the stud spacing, but you don't need this measurement if you are ordering wheels and can reference the pattern and circle measurement. It is handy if you are looking at wheels/hubs at the junkyard (once again, it's an easy one to measure...).

As I said in my earlier post, my data didn't come from a measurement, it came from the Budd technical (engineering data) from where they manufactured the rims and hubs... It's easier to look it up than to measure sometimes, sometimes it is good to measure to ensure that things haven't gone "funky".

I don't have the "how to measure" page from the Tire and Rim Association Yearbook handy to scan, but a good reasource on measuring is:
American Wheel and Tire - Houston Texas Custom Wheel and Tire Headquarters 2009

Hope that this helps clear up some of the confusion...

Last edited:

Recht71

M-37

Thanks I went on the link at the bottom of your page and saw the spec's . I figured I measured something wrong or glasses need replaced. I just put a crank in my m-37 ,I replaced the relief valve spring ,I checked the plunger to make sure it was free and look good. When I first started it it pegged the oil gauge way over 100 psi. I cut the spring down a 1/4, now it goes to 100psi and running temp about 80 idleing. Useing 10W40 Till Later

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks