• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! MadDawg has a credit card and can't stop bidding!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I did it again! I bought a couple more deuces and a couple more trailers from the Chambersburg PA site. God help me!

My 1970 winch truck will hit the classifieds on SS soon, need to make room for the new toys.

Anyways, I got better deals this time than last go-around! Two M35A2, wo/w, both are primo shape and run great (tried them out at the site). Same for the trailers, I went with both M332 trailers at the site, and got both. Total damage was:

3615: M35A2 wo/w: $1,645
3624: M332 ammo trailer: $105
3627: M332 ammo trailer: $70
3684: M35A2 wo/w, $1,141

Prices are before taxes and 10% buyers' premium. Will be driving them back to Front Royal, VA as soon as the EUC is done!

Attachments

halftrack

Better you

I am glad to see that a lot of these trucks go to SSer's rather than big export companies or 4 wheeler individuals who just want to cut it up for axles to put under their jeep.

No.2Diesel

RE: Better you

Very Nice trucks. I'm drooling over the insane deals :drool: Thats putting plastic to good use.

Come on, you gotta keep one for yourself.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Not quite my money, armada. Kinda a business deal with a friend who is really getting into these trucks. I get some of the profit off the sale of them. The profit I make will work into a free deuce for me down the line. However, I'd prefer a nice one, prefer a M35A2C w/w, that I can have as my own radio truck and offroad rig. There was a nice one like that this past auction, but went for a lot more than I had in the bank.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ha ha. Yup - he taught me to stay on the wider trails. I expect scratches, but that's what rattle cans are for! Trust me, I won't consider putting a rig like a deuce into really tight squeezes like he did. Heck, most ATVers wouldn't go where he did!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Way to go Mike your daughter will be driving one of them soon I think I hope that the ambulance is coming along and the welds we did that night are holding up. I sure want to come back up and help you again some day when I get back if you need it. Great deals and I am glad you are finding a way to get a free duece, that is real good.

1943ht

Mike well done! My next purchase will be an Ammo Trailer to go with my HT .. the 2 you picked up look like they are in great shape. Was this a DRMO auction or other?

FrankUSMC

Mark
The ammo trailer that is in the photo is different then the WWII one......but if you got to have one, I have one here in NC I will sell you for $110.
Now, what you really want is a Ben Hur trailer (1 ton, WWII). There are alot of photos of the ben hur trailers being pulled behind a halftrack....I have seen more Ben Hur trailers being pulled by halftracks than the ammo trailer.
Others things to think about, the ammo trailer is HEAVY, the Ben Hur can be moved around by one person. The Ben Hur trailer tows great behind your pick up truck, the ammo trailer does not. You can use the Ben Hur trailer for runs to the dump, the hardware store, and with canvas it makes a great storage area.
The Ben Hur will also look "at home" in your drive way, that might make the Bride alittle happy.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

FrankUSMC

Jason
Sorry for the confussion, the ammo trailer I have is the current one.
There was one a few months ago for sell on the GSA site (I think it was dated 1944), it is wild what they find at some of these old forresty hiding places.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

1943ht

Frank, Roger and good copy! I knew that the trailers that Mike picked up were not Ben-Hur's .. but were the ammo trailers we used to see towed with the 105's or 155 Howitzers support vehicles .. appreciate your message traffic .. will look for and purchase a Ben-Hur when the time is right (read: can afford the expenditure) :D

Hey Jason ..I plan on looking for a one when I get out on the east coast with that new assignment ...will keep an eye peeled for 1 for you :lol:

//R//
Markus

PS: No bride just lots of toys and very understanding girl freind who thinks that I'm more than a little nuts! :?

KaiserM109

I was with the 1/11th Field Arty and surveyed for the 1/84th Field Arty in '68-'69. We had 105s and 1/84 had 155s. I have never seen a trailer like that in service; we hauled our ammo in deuces. Are they post or pre Vietnam or were we just step children?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks