• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! MadDawg has a credit card and can't stop bidding!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are pre- and post-Vietnam, AND you are a step child. :) Seriously, though, Uncle Sam bought tons of these ammo trailers, a lot got sent to Vietnam and other hot spots. I've seen them towed behind deuces and M113s as well. Perhaps your unit just never got issued those trailers? Not sure why cuz they were designed for you cannon cockers...

ida34

1943ht said:
Frank, Roger and good copy! I knew that the trailers that Mike picked up were not Ben-Hur's .. but were the ammo trailers we used to see towed with the 105's or 155 Howitzers support vehicles .. appreciate your message traffic .. will look for and purchase a Ben-Hur when the time is right (read: can afford the expenditure) :D

Hey Jason ..I plan on looking for a one when I get out on the east coast with that new assignment ...will keep an eye peeled for 1 for you :lol:

//R//
Markus

PS: No bride just lots of toys and very understanding girl freind who thinks that I'm more than a little nuts! :?
I think the trailers are for small arms. As Kaiser posted, I never saw them and I was in Artillery. They are too small to haul much in the way of Artillery Ordinance. We used HMMTT's for our Ammo section and the gun trucks hauled approx 20 rounds on our M900 series trucks. We had 155mm guns but I guess you could put a usable amount of 105mm ammo on the trailers but not enough to resupply much more than one gun.

1943ht

Can you say "Red-Headed Step Child" .. probably on your MTOE but it was filled by a ERC-B (Substitute) item. Had the same issues when we were armor... ie., pipeline trucks in lieu of 5 ton vehicles .. just not enought stuff to go around

RAW

I wish I could grab a truck as nice as those for such a great price.
There are a couple of nice ones in GA on GL right now. But yours look even nicer. Good job.

KaiserM109

I can't imagine how a 105 battery would use those trailers; the ammo comes 2 rounds, less fuses, in a wooden box. The fuses came in ammo cans almost identical to our M-16 ball ammo. Those would be hard to haul in and out of those little trailers. What is that little door on the bottom-center of the rear for, let out water? Maybe 155 arty with powder in bags and cans and projos with nose rings could use them.

I can see that you could seriously over load an M105 trailer with a load of 155 projectiles. I know the 8 incher SPs didn't use them, they used tracks. God only knows what the 155 SPs used; they always came and went in the dark. They were like mushrooms, all of a sudden they would be there in the morning and gone the next. I was only ever called out to lay one once.

Flea

Good looking trucks! I especially like that first one, seeing as how it's sitting beside my garage as we speak. Strong runner, and the Air-o-matic was a nice surprise!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks