• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me bobb this thing please

SR71BLACKBIRD

Can anyone save me the time mounting the axle and spring shackles on my bobb project. I can probably figure it out but If I had a couple shots of shackle location and cab to axle measures.
I am using m35 front springs and shackles and a m105 bed. I figure the center of wheelwell is 60 inches from front of bed. Am I right. Sure could use some measures of shackle location . Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
This is from Ranchhopper:

The best way to line up the rear axle is when you take the bed off of the truck there will be a mark on the frame where the wood strip ended under the bed frame rail.Take a measurement from the front of the 105 bed to the center of the wheel well that will be the spot where your axle will go.I use a carpenters square lay one side on the truck frame and put the other side on the mark where your axle centers from the measurement you got from the 105 bed and it will tell you exactly where the center bolt in the springs should be.Do not cut the frame off until your done because after the first spring is hung measure from the end of the frame where the front of the front spring hanger is and mark it on the other side measuring from the rear of the frame forward to put the spring on the other side in the same spot also do the same for the rear hanger.One important thing to do if your useing front deuce springs measure the distance between the front and rear hangers of the springs on the front of your truck so you know where to position the rear hanger of your donor springs as they should be positioned exactly the same distance apart to maintain a level frame.A little long winded but I hope this helps you.

This thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=28991&highlight=rear+axle+measurement&page=5

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks