• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me buy this deuce, problem ?

ccf460

Update: The seller says he put a siphon hose in the tank, and sucked out some nasty looking watery goo, hopefuuly it is leaning towards contaminated fuel system, not bad I.P.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the fuel in the tank is old, or he used a mix of junk and hasn't run the truck in a while, the goo is just old fuel. Dump the tank, insert new fuel and try it out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I saw your update, glad to hear you got it. Why not just pull the drain plug on the bottom of the tank. I would remove the tank and have it hot tanked.

ccf460

Update: The tank was full of water, sludge, rust, and some kind of tan/yellow fuel. The tank has fiberglass on the bottom, thinking it is on its' last legs. The primary ,and both secondary fuel filters were full of everything except fuel, have no idea how it was running. I hope this is an indicator about how fuel insensitive and tough they are? ( I am wanting to feed it WMO). The valve cover leak, air compressor leak and an oil change are next.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks