• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me decide the next mod.

philjafo

700 r4s aren't very good for lots of towing especialy with the tcc unlocked they tend to overheat and that is the worst for an auto, I say go with the four speed and stick to the back roads cause 60 mph is flat out with 4.56 gears

wiccantoy

Very nice turbo set-up where did you find it at? And how much did it set you back? As far as a 700R4 I have had them in many cars and my wife's suburban, and they aren't all that great of a trans. Really need a large trans cooler when towing.

hairtrigger

I have been thinking of doing axel swap on my m1009 maybe 373 or 411 front and rear lift and running 37's also but keeping the th400
Had I known the wife was going to want to tow things, I would have rebuilt my 400. It was starting to slip, so I put the 700 in. It was a fresh rebuild, in my suburban. I had a local do a heavy duty rebuild on it, with a large cooler, and the correct torque converter. I am hoping with the lower gears, it wont stress the tranny to bad.

Its always something. aua

hairtrigger

Very nice turbo set-up where did you find it at? And how much did it set you back? As far as a 700R4 I have had them in many cars and my wife's suburban, and they aren't all that great of a trans. Really need a large trans cooler when towing.
Turbo, intake, and manifolds where a Craigslist score. $250. It was everything else that nickle and dimed me to death. :shock: And I am still not done. Need the Pyro and boost gauges, and lots more small stuff.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even IF you choose to rebuild the K30 (you got that at auction last summer, right?), are you going to use the red lights in the grill and on the top?

if not, I'd LOVE to buy them from you. If you are interested, send me a PM

I bid on that truck and I believe it had a companion truck in the same auction - it just got too rich for me - but that setup - manual with the heavy axles... seemed like an ideal setup for either a camper or tow vehicle

LOVE what you've done so far, will keep an eye on this one

hairtrigger

Even IF you choose to rebuild the K30 (you got that at auction last summer, right?), are you going to use the red lights in the grill and on the top?

if not, I'd LOVE to buy them from you. If you are interested, send me a PM

I bid on that truck and I believe it had a companion truck in the same auction - it just got too rich for me - but that setup - manual with the heavy axles... seemed like an ideal setup for either a camper or tow vehicle

LOVE what you've done so far, will keep an eye on this one

Thanks, I got the truck off of Craigslist yeasterday. The guy I bought it from, only wanted the motor, so its motor-less right now. I just so happen to have 2 more 6.2's that would fit nicely. :shock:

I am a gluttin for punishment.

hairtrigger

do you have any more pics of it? I want to do one myself something that free stands so I can remove top and install soft top too !
I will get some more pics later. It is a stand alone, so I can remove the top. It needs some work still, just like everything else on the **** thing. :oops:

rickf

A properly built 700 with the red clutches and upgraded drums and a Trans-Go shift kit is a VERY strong transmission. Especially with the 4:56's I don't think you will have any problems at all. Did you check to see if the front rear was a locker?

Rick

hairtrigger

A properly built 700 with the red clutches and upgraded drums and a Trans-Go shift kit is a VERY strong transmission. Especially with the 4:56's I don't think you will have any problems at all. Did you check to see if the front rear was a locker?

Rick
Not yet. Will later today.