• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me ID this deuce

desertfish

Hi guys

Ok on my way home i saw a deuce behind a old general store and it looks

strange because it has a can air filter on the fender not a big one like on the 5 ton and it was on the pass side also it had recessed tail lites behind the bed panel under the tail gate. I also noticed that it seemed to have alot of lug nuts like more than 8 it had a hard top and a drop side bed.

so what do you think it is?

M1075

nopics

I've always wanted to use that one!

What makes you think deuce? If it has more than 8 lug nuts (ie. 10) then I would guess 5 ton.

desertfish

The 5 ton trucks that I have seen have a big a$$ air filter can on the driver side this one has a small one on the other side. maybe it's a older model?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at the pics below. One has filter on driver side, one on passenger side.
Courtesy of: http://www.m201.de/armytrucks/armytrucks.html(Btw - great ref site, lots of pics :D)

First pic below is likely what you've spotted: Older series 5-ton - m39 series or G744 series ("-A2" LDS 465 multifuel -or- "-A1" Mack ENDT 673 Diesel) Gas Models (like mine) had no external filter housing - had oil bath filter under the hood)

The second picture is probably what you are used to seeing - 800 series (NHC-250 Cummins)