• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me identify my injector pump

sneekyeye

I was going to install my new vacuum adjustumator on the side of the injector pump. Lo and behold,when I get the throttle position sensor off, it has a blade on it instead of whatever would fit into the vacuum device.
I wrote down the numbers that I could see on the red tag. Is hard to read so they might not be perfectly correct. 13579684. And DVCD09345431.

I can't get pictures of the tag, but I took some of the offending spot and pump.

If you have any info on what pump this may be, or if there is an adapter I can use, it would be appreciated.
IMAG0755[1].jpgIMAG0765[2].jpgIMAG0766[1].jpg

Last edited:

sneekyeye

The truck seems to run good otherwise. I was finally trying to fix the super early shifting issue its has since I bought it.
I did have some luck with the -34p and i found its called a pump cam face. I have, however, had no luck in locating that piece by itself online.

cheap potatoshop.png

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To correctly identify your pump you need to read its data plate, located on the driver side. Typical model numbers are DB2829-4520 or DB2829-4521.
AFAK, those pumps all came with the pin at the end of the throttle shaft, as can be seen in the picture posted by Chaski.

Obviously your pump is not the original model pump for a CUCV 6.2L. What you have there is typically for the electronic TPS; what comes on the IP for the HMMWV 6.5L engine with the 4L80E transmission.

Finding part #47 in your diagram won't help you one little bit. To be able to use that accessory you pictured you need a different throttle shaft. Or maybe create a custom adapter, if even possible.

G.

sneekyeye

The data plate that I can see is a red stanadyne tag that has hand scratched numbers on it. That's what makes it kind of hard to see. I'm hovering over top of it looking down with a flashlight and mirror

sneekyeye

I tried to get a photo of the tag as best as i could. I could only zoom in so far before my camera would not focus. I had to crop this out of a larger picture.
Perhaps this was put on there when it was rebuilt or remanned in 2010

pump tag.jpg

sneekyeye

Yeah, I tried multiple versions of the numbers and nothing really came up. I'm going to try to make an adapter and spacer to adapt my throttle position sensor tip to the vacuum modulator cup deal. I'll post up a picture when i get finished just for those with morbid curiosity.
I figure I'll just run it till it gives out and then get a correct injector pump afterward.

Chaski

None of his numbers...
(As a courtesy, I would have actually checked that list, before posting it...)

I did check the list first... But the number on the left side of the hand engraved plate can be interpreted a few different ways. Best any of us can do is guess with only one photo from one angle. Photos can lie...

Is the forth to the last digit a 4,7 or a 9?
Is the third to last digit a 6 or an 8?
Is the second to last digit an 8 or a 0?
Is the last digit 4?

Could be 4804 (which is on that list) maybe... but probably not.
Looks more like 9604, or 9684... but who knows?

Time to bust out the Ouiji board for answers.

I do have a spare shaft with the correct end on it if you wanted to try swapping it out or have an injection shop do the work. It is missing the cross pin, but a roll pin could be used, or a pump shop could get the OEM one. Price is right, message me if you want it.