• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me pick the last gauge for a warmed over Diesel!

gentrysgarage

Okay folks,
I have one more hole to fill (actually make the hole and fill (going to take the high beam off a Deuce dash and cut another 2 1/16 hole).

Background story:
1990 Cummins 6BT block and head,
370 marine injectors,
210 (yes 210..its rare) HP p7100 pump
4K GSK
Holset HX40
Eaton FSO 6046.

Gauges I am going to run
(non-military style with the light coming through back) 3 3/8 and 2 1/6 in an M35 dash...the qty (3) 2 5/8 in their own triple gauge pod:
3 3/8 Speedo
3 3/8 Tach

2 5/8 Pyro
2 5/8 Fuel Pressure (electric)
2 5/8 Vacuum/Boost

2 1/16 Fuel Level
2 1/16 Oil Pressure
2 1/16 Air Pressure
2 1/16 Water Temp
2 1/16 Voltage

Miscellaneous:

2 3/8 Phinney 8 day Auto Clock (possibly in the Fording breather hole in the dash)
2 1/16 mechanical fuel gauge before P- pump

I hope that Autometer can convert my gauges to a more military look (i.e. black dial with white needles and marks) and more traditional bezels otherwise I might just try to do it myself (not really wanting to do it myself though)

Most of the
gauges on hand:

IMG_0999.jpg

8 day clock...

IMG_0997.jpg

So what is the next most important gauge I need?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the oil temp.

Brake pressure is a good thing too, my Dad had an old GMC that had a brake pressure gauge.

gentrysgarage

Thanks for the suggestions Guys,
I like the brake PSI gauge alot, not finding one that will fit in the dash that reads over 2000, HydroMax PSI is 1800-2000 I would prefer a gauge that has some travel left in it rather than pegging it every time and eventually ruining the gauge. Only manufacturer that I found with a larger gauge was SSB and it is a regular industrustrial gauge...any leads on one that looks like the Stewart Warner gauges in the M35 dash?
I like Oil temp also and is easy to find.
Both Ideas are good, any other suggestions?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember, pedal pressure is also read. Driving you would see the brake line pressure when you apply them and for parking you depress the pedal and then flip the lever. The applied pressure stays in the line after you release the pedal and to release, just flip the lever the other way

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Dad and Uncle had old GMC trucks, they were pole sitting trucks from GTE, ATT, whoever the phone companies were at the time, I believe they wer 1963 an 65 years. Both had micro locks on them. They would hold steady on hills while pulling engines/components from off road machinery, sometimes for days, they would leave one truck at the job site and both take one home.

rustystud

My Dad and Uncle had old GMC trucks, they were pole sitting trucks from GTE, ATT, whoever the phone companies were at the time, I believe they wer 1963 an 65 years. Both had micro locks on them. They would hold steady on hills while pulling engines/components from off road machinery, sometimes for days, they would leave one truck at the job site and both take one home.
I had totally forgotten about "line locks". I guess since the early ones had lots of problems. I still remember fixing plenty of old brake systems with them on. Now I'm sure they worked out all the little kinks in the systems. I'll take another look at them myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks