• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me with the year of this truck

bigelk50

I am buying three of these trucks. Two complete, one without bed. The one with bed runs, but needs carb rebuilt. The one with out bed would not take too much to get running. They are gas 6 cylinders. There is also another good complete cab on a frame with everything in it (engine, tranny transfer, gauges seats.etc) But has no axles on it, just frame. Just wondering what the year - model they are. Thanks I will put up more pics when i get them.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are M34 deuce-and-a-halves. The single rear wheels and the bed design is a dead giveaway. Early 1950s, I want to say REO Motors made them, but there might have been several makers for this model. Definitely collectable, there aren't many M34s left....

Barrman

M34 as Mike pointed out. To fix the year, some more pictures are needed.

Look at the fender end of the tool box and battery door. If they are shaped to fit next to the fender, then it is probably a 1952 or older truck. See picture below.

Look at the firewall. If it is flat, then it is probably a REO truck. If it is indented, then it is probably a Studebaker, but that is not for sure. Again, look at the picture.

The front fenders were mounted different before 1953. Besides the form fitting boxes behind the fender pointed out above, the older trucks had the fender solidly bolted to the mount sticking out from the frame at the front of the fender and bolted to the running board.

1953 and new trucks had springs at the front mount and a brace came down from the cab and held the rear of the fender up. Bolting to the running board seemed optional with that rear brace coming down from the cab.

Some other year sensitive items are the under dash air outlets. Just on the passenger side, 1953 and newer. Both sides with air lines, then 1952 and older.

Electric air psi gauge? Early 1952 or older.

Fording kit? Mid 1953 or older unless special order such as most USMC trucks.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks