• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help mounting 395 tires

pinzgauer pete

Ok, so I finally scored a set of 395 tires for my deuce. No money for hemmit 2 piece rims so I want to mount them on the original duece rims. I understand that I must purchase tubes to make this happen but what size tubes? and who has them at a reasonable price? I see 10x20 tubes on ebay cheap will those work? are there any considerations about valve stem that I need to take into consideration when buying the tubes? and is there anything else I need to get these tires mounted...thanks for any help you guys can give me.:mrgreen:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You need 13/14R20 tubes to do it right. Expect them to cost about $100 each. Make sure they're radial tubes.

pinzgauer pete

found this on a old post "
I just had G20's installed on stock duece rims and used Firestone Tubes. I got them from Tires Unlimited in Dayton, Ohio, they cost 33.24/pc+tax. The item # is 1EK69, Description on the invoice is" 1100/1200/1380/1480R20 RADTBE TR44 ". Their phone number is 1-800-227-3941, don't know if they have a website or would even ship them. It was the cheapest/most convient place for myself to get tubes. Hope this helps someone." .... I called today price went up slightly now 36 bucks per tube and 16 bucks to ship six to my home! looks like these tires are one step closer to being mounted!!!....thanks Monkeyman!
:doghead:

DeucesWild11

From what I have heard the trick is finding someone who will mount them. I bought mine mounted already on the rims.. Good luck with it and post pics when you got them on the truck!:beer:

turbovr6jetta

From what I have heard the trick is finding someone who will mount them. I bought mine mounted already on the rims.. Good luck with it and post pics when you got them on the truck!:beer:
That sure would be a neat trick. I wasn't really able to pull that off... Oh well I think everyone that has 395s should at least install one set in their life. Gives you some more appreciation for them.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another tire and tube source

Summit Racing got into military tires and I got bought a set of brand new military tires and tubes at reasonable rates. I got brand new tubes and flaps for around $45-50.00 per wheel for 900 X16 for a M43. I know they have tubes and flaps for 900X20, 1100X20 and might even have them for your 395's. Just another option for you to check out.

Glad you got the wheels you wanted and good luck with them.

Josh

Im just waiting for my rims to come back from the sandblaster so I can mount my 395s. I ended up buying 1200r20 tubes and know a few guys with that size that work fine. Normally about 45 ea.

pinzgauer pete

Yup went to my local tire shop and was told that he would mount them on 10 inch rims but he didnt want to mount them on stock 9 inch rims because of liability. I will eventually get the hemmt rims after I find a set of 6 for a reasonable price..so in the meantime..I will mount them myself!!!:-o

Gunfreak25

Hundy at 100dollarman in California uses the stock deuce rims even the stock tubes on his 1st 395 mounting. But he did mention for all other future projects he'll be using the proper tubes.

pinzgauer pete

Thanks Gunfreak I have seen alot of folks with 395s mounted on original rims on this site but see others trying to discourage the practise, as for me..nothing ventured..nothing gained2cents

turbovr6jetta

Yup went to my local tire shop and was told that he would mount them on 10 inch rims but he didnt want to mount them on stock 9 inch rims because of liability. I will eventually get the hemmt rims after I find a set of 6 for a reasonable price..so in the meantime..I will mount them myself!!!:-o
Im pretty sure my stock rims are 7.5 inches..... At least that's what was stamped on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks