• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help My Rear End is Bouncing

tklm539

Not so sure that title will get me the info I am looking for!!!

I switched to singles over the weekend. They are 11.00x20 Goodyear G286. I have them inflated to 110psi. I am very pleased with the additional speed and smoothness of the truck.

I have noticed one downside. When I hit larger bumps in the road at speed, rather than just rattle, the back end hops. The truck is unloaded. I am guessing that it is a result of the increased air pressure. The first time it happened, it scared the hell out of me as I drifted into oncoming traffic. Or better yet, it scared the hell out of the traffic.

Is this normal, and is there anything that I can do to lessen the effect. I will be adding a No7 bomb loader shortly, that will put some additional weight in the rear end.

Thanks

Tom

sermis

I went to 15.5 20 on mine at 70#. Bounce, bounce on every bump. I dropped down to 35# and helped a lot. Might go down to 25 - 30# and see. Not carrying any weight in the bed.

mangus580

The biggest reason for rear end up, is the 2 axles 'fighting' each other. This is caused mostly by one axle having larger diameter tires than the other. A slight difference doesnt take much. If you have 1psi more in one tire than the other, it can create the issue...

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,When I first read the topic I was going to suggest NOT eating Refried beans and hot peppers again but I guess you mean the deuces rear ends.....Yea,too much air pressure like the other guys are saying along with full time drive on both rear axles and the design of the rear suspention.Walking beam.

billy

I agree mostly over inflated tires. 70 lbs. sounds about right. My son and I are planning to take the rear drive shaft out of our deuce and half to see what the difference is but time has not allowed us to do it yet. Be interested to see what your results will be.

sermis

billy said:
I agree mostly over inflated tires. 70 lbs. sounds about right. My son and I are planning to take the rear drive shaft out of our deuce and half to see what the difference is but time has not allowed us to do it yet. Be interested to see what your results will be.
Try piling one of the axels and covering the hub. A front drive flange works good or a flat plate and bolt it on. You will have the same results with out pulling the drive shaft and a lot easier to reinstall if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks