• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP!!! need rear axle shaft asap baton rouge la

bjsmith

I need to borrow 1 rear axle shaft. I went to help a friend that was stuck and got myself stuck and broke a axle trying to get out. Well now I got it out but im in soft sand and I can't drive it with just front tires pulling just wants to dig. I will buy,rent,borrow what ever I need to get my truck home asap. My cell is 225-325-8092 located near baton rouge la

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or put the third axle back on. It helps distribute the HP/Torque.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you attempt a temporary weld repair?

bjsmith

thanks bigboy but i found one local from a guy with mud truck. he let me borrow. the axle broke because i was stuck and trying everything we could to get it out but was the trees chained to rim that did it. good thing is it was almost all the way out before it broke. weld repair is not a option i dont think

bjsmith

wasnt easy at all took couple hours of fighting with it. the splined peice and center peice were wedged together. had to fight with center with peice to get it out then take long pole from other side to push rest out

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my days of off roading I always found that the amount of parts I break was commensurate with the amount of alcohol I consumed. Rarely drink, rarely break. Sadly, because the picture is linked, many of us will not be able to view it.

jw4x4

In my days of off roading I always found that the amount of parts I break was commensurate with the amount of alcohol I consumed. Rarely drink, rarely break. Sadly, because the picture is linked, many of us will not be able to view it.
Parts breakage is also linked to spare parts inventory. Rarely broke anything I had a back-up for. Gosh, how I remember and rejoice at everything we did "back in the day".

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha, Ha!!!! If you weren't polluted, you wouldn't be saying "hold my beer and watch this"....:beer: