• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help needed with air system

sardillim

On my 1970 Kaiser m35a (bobbed Duce) I decided to make the rear body dump. This involved re locating the air tanks to make room for the dump hoist. I replaced most of the copper tubing with a plastic pex like product. While I was re plumbing the system I decided to add a 100 psi safety valve. For some reason now the air pressure builds to 100 psi and only the new safety valve that I installed is releasing pressure. Can someone tell me how the pressure is regulated and were this part is located on the truck, also were this part can be purchased

Thanks for everyone's help

mike

sandcobra164

The pressure regulator is located just to the right of the air cleaner housing on the firewall. There are at least 4 types of air pressure governors used on these trucks so a picture would help in providing advice on how to adjust cut in and out of the compressor. I likely wouldn't run it for long with your current set up because the compressor will be running the entire time.

Rusty nuts

Just curious what you had to relocate the air tanks? I just put a dump kit on my bobbed deuce and it fit perfectly behind the cross member behind the air tanks in the stock location.

sardillim

I had to relocate the air tanks to the outside of the frame rail, I also installed a dump hoist and did not have the room between the rails for everything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks