• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help NEEDED!!!!

WARWAG

Im a little dissapointed in some of our "Esteemed" Holier than Thou Members responses. First of all Im sure if someone went way back to the 5,000 plus post of some of you that we would find what YOU today would call a stupid question and or something that could have been found by doing an EXTENSIVE search of. First off how many sites have you all belonged to or visited with the amount of knowledge this site has in regards to a hobby? I would venture to say none or at the very least a handful! How many of you old timers have "searched" for something and had luck without having to check 3 to 6 pages of "related" possible hits? Yes an "Advance" search helps but we know this because we have been here for quite awhile, while some of us have been here as long as the site has. Instead of crucifing a "NEWBY" why not pull him aside and give him a nice quick lesson rather than flaming him and have him think "WE" are all A$$holes. Is that what you want someone to say to someone else who has a MV and needs to find a good site to help him work on it? "Dont go to SS there a bunch of dip sh1ts!" Yah thats going to help our cause. If thats the case then why do we even get together and have a forum? My 2 cents worth.

To the OP (and others), The best advice in this thread is to get a multi-meter.
The CUCV is dual voltage, and even with the best advice, you would never want to connect a $1000 radio without knowing the true voltage.
Trial and error is not the way to go with automotive electronics. A simple voltage test will save many headaches.
Oh, and disconnect the batteries before you do any actual work.

badassissimo

Disconnecting the batteries before electric work is a huge piece of advice to not ignore. It'll save fuses, batteries, lights (Think this is your focus) and keep you from spinning your wheels. I've been using the F-11 diagram in the 9-2320-289-20 TM. This is the charging circuit diagram for the m1009 but from what I understand, it shows where the voltage separates right at the battery terminals. My truck was wired funky and I may have finally figured out the problem. I won't know for sure till the batteries are charged and I tinker some more but there's what little advice for the 12v system I can offer. If the truck looks like the diagram, 12v should be wired where it should. Otherwise, you have something mixed or substitued like I found today.

I'll share your suffering and admit that I got about 10 pages deep in a search and gave up looking for TM's while the site was down. Think I felt mercy because I literally am trying to hide my truck from the city and do anything I can to jerry rig the truck to get it to pass inspection. I got stuck when it came to the flashers burning out. Just like you, I was checking for 12v to be in the right place and I didn't catch it before I found the problem. Good luck with the radio. I'll be finding a cd changer at the junkyard sometime this summer if I run into moneys.

WARWAG

O I know we are all A holes and dip ****s.. I think we proved that to the world last weekend at Findlay.

You missed my point completely! As a group, SS Members are top notch. Its the occasional Boob that tarnishes the group. Incase you didnt get it I was saying we should not have dressed him down as SOME of us did. There was and is a better way to do it. I hope WE all (and I am including myself in this) handle this type of situation differently in the future. Enough said.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What is wrong with BOOBS, I like them as most of us do, please use a different term

WARWAG

You missed my point completely! As a group, SS Members are top notch. Its the occasional Boob that tarnishes the group. Incase you didnt get it I was saying we should not have dressed him down as SOME of us did. There was and is a better way to do it. I hope WE all (and I am including myself in this) handle this type of situation differently in the future. Enough said.

What is wrong with BOOBS, I like them as most of us do, please use a different term.

You are correct. I should have said....... Pecker Head

Roadrunner 161

I am a rather new member also. I have owned an 09 for a month and three of those weeks it has been apart in the driveway (won't fit in the garage). I have searched and searched for answers and they are sometimes elusive and many pages deep. I kept going to the CUCV PM & TM site but couldn't find what I was looking for. Found it in this thread though. Mistaken1 posted the TM's where even I could download. Now you will not know what question I had. :smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks