• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help new cucv m1008 owner needs to wire up trailer

blowngn

I need to know what to buy and how to hook up a standrd trailer wiring kit i have a round 6 on my trailer pics would be helpfull e-mail JHAYNES@lexcominc.net i have had it fo about 2 weeks its a great truck had to fab a hitch but i can't figure out the brakes. please help thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also take a look at where the harness plugs together under the bottom. Take a close look then go to the parts store or an RV place and look for a Hoppys light tap. You basically unplug the 2 parts of the harness and put this tee in it's place. You can then adapt from the 4 flat to the 6 or 7 round.

acetomatoco

watch out for corrosion in there...cheap GM crap.. I use a standard military connector in the trailer plug on the CUCV with a flat four on the other end that plugs into any of the adaptors up to the 7 flat or round and if necessary just run the electric brake blue wire separately from your controller to the back and put a separate white ground to a handy place on your bumper...currently hauling about 6 different trailers with the cucv and the ambulance and all of em are working fine with off the shelf (read NAPA) adaptors.. Get chopping and get a test light and off you go.. the adaptors have wiring diagrams for the civvy adaptors color coded and by position in connector, so you should have no trouble unless you are severely color blind... then you need Soldier #2.

Croatan_Kid

I was gunna ask the same question eventually,but I'm glad someone else did so I didn't have to :D

Ah, I see you're from NC. What part? It's good to see other people from the same state.

blowngn

thanks i had to buy a tee for a 83 k30 but it worked i went from the tee's flat 4 to a 6 round thanks for the help and also used some dieelectric grease for the old fittings to new ones.

blowngn

Ok I have A t on the drivers side the t goes from flat 4 to round six i have brake lights and trurn signal only on drivers side of trailer but runnng light all the way around i read some where about a suzuki owner had a similar problem anybody have any ideas?

CCATLETT1984

assuming that your vehicle lights work, I would check that you are getting voltage for the turn signals at the flat-4 connector. the turn signals and brakes use the same wire, just different voltage for the increased brightness. If you are getting voltage at that connector for the side that is not working, check the trialer hooked up to another vehicle to verify that the trailers lights function correctly. If the trailer functions normally, then its the flat-4 for round-6 adapter that is bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks