• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help. No headlights all other lights work

truck0590

I have no headlights or dash lights. I have running lights, brake lights, signal lights, even "dome" light under dash works. Black out switch is in the service position.

I checked the fuse and swapped with a known working one - nothing.

To see if it was just the switch I pulled the plug and jumped the battery terminal 1 to headlight terminal 6 still didn't work. Jumped to terminal 4 and still got running lights.

Somebody is coming to buy this thing in the morning and they need headlights to drive it home. Anybody have any ideas.

Truck

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCV does not use a 3 lever switch.

Get out your DVM, and test your headlights, grounds and power wires.

truck0590

I think the problem is in the hi/low beam switch in the column. Everything else is working. For now I bypassed everything and wired to a 3 way switch. That will get the buyer home, then he can dig into the column.

Thanks,

Truck

oilcan

Mine had the same problem, and it was indeed the high beam switch.

Luckily it's a pretty easy fix. The switch is on the side of the column under the dash, and the hardest part of the whole job is getting it unplugged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks