• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help on CCKW brake problems

RDUKW

I just acquired a CCKW and I'm trying to get it all dialed in. The brakes have new linings, wheel cylinders, and hoses. The problem I am having is that the brakes are way to sensitive. If I just touch them it wants to lock up the brakes or applies them to hard. It also drags the brakes after released for some time. Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong.

Thanks
Ryan

RDUKW

The drums were lightly turned and all springs are good to by what the previous owner states. The last owner thought it was something to do with the hydro vac booster.

Ryan

RDUKW

It is the hydrovac. Did someone install an oversized unit?
I am going to have to look into that. Previous owner thought it was original but it's overall size is bigger than my 352. There was a lot of variances and aftermarket boosters that got put in later.

Thanks
Ryan

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to discomment the booster? If disconnected and the brakes function properly, this would eliminate brake drums, springs, etc.

bradcckw

make sure your master cylinder is adjusted so as the piston returns to the full backed off position mine was doing the same sort of thing until i did that... My truck has all new brake components as well so it was bugging me for some time untill i discovered that the pistion was about a 1/4 inch engaged?

good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks