• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help on my dump Deuce

appellandscaping

I am building my deuce to use for a work truck. if any of you guys have made yours dump where should i get the lift hoist? and how much do they run? I saw on ebay kits for dump trailers for around 1500.00 that seems pretty fair i think.

tm america

northern tool has kits from like 1700-2500 depending on the capacity....i got my dump setup off of an old grain truck ..i gave 300 bucks for it and it is a 30 ton twin cylinder setup

kiotiugly

The only problem with getting a hoist off of an old grain/dump truck is having to get the truck somewhere that you can work on, removing the old stuff, and hauling it around to put it on the new one. I'm sure that it is the cheaper route, but probably a little more time and work intensive. I would bet that the hoist would be heavier off of an old grain/dump truck than one from Northern or Surplus Center.

However, there is something to be said for the new units that might require less time/work and fabrication to make it fit. I ended up with a no name hoist off of eBay (bought from a guy who said he sold damaged/unclaimed freight). It ended up costing $1100 delivered and came with an electric pump. It still took me two months of weekends to install it and get it going.

Best mod I ever made to any vehicle.

If you do get a hoist off of a dump/grain truck, you could probably get it for "free" or at least really cheap by buying the truck whole, removing the hoist and other parts you need, and scrapping the truck.

Good luck and take care.

joeM62

I paid $300 for the flatbed and the hoist and the pto system to go with it out of an junkyard I ended up scraping it because I didn't have the truck any more. Junkyards have good deals without braking the bank.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hoist came off a old grain truck. I've helped the guy out at the junk yard in the past so he gave it to me for free. I fabbed my own hinges because I wanted to retain my bumperettes and hitch.

big block 88

i just hit a junk yard and took my hoist off of a Topkick sand/plow truck for under 800 bucks. Only reall pita I ran into was the frame rails on the bed needed to be coped out wider.

4sarge

i just hit a junk yard and took my hoist off of a Topkick sand/plow truck for under 800 bucks. Only reall pita I ran into was the frame rails on the bed needed to be coped out wider.
I like your thinking. Some of those old straight trucks don't bring much money.
I suspect the winch hydraulic system would have enough capacity. It's got to be quicker than the electric jobs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks