• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help please. Not a deuce, but I need id help

fran35

I realize that this is not the correct forum, but I have no idea where to post my questions and was hoping you guys could help. I found this on Craigslist. The vehicle interests me, but I have no idea what it is or its worth. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Military Issued Truck

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much as it is a combination of a M715 and a civilian jeep. Not original at all.

Last edited:

91W350

The price is cheap, I would sure have to wonder though. The 5.11 gear ratio is wrong.

Nothing personal against Internationals, but what an odd engine to put in one. This one leaves a lot of unanswered question, like the emergency brake. The original transfer case had brackets on the transmission for the transfer case shifter. The 715s had flat glass and a canvas top. Many have hardtops now, built off of the canvas bows usually. As Warthog pointed out, that is a civilian cab, curved windshield and all. Wonder what kind of mess the wiring is? We did have a guy locally that used a Gladiator cab on his 715, it was much quieter to ride in. Interesting mess, I would be afraid of inheriting somebody else's nightmare. Glen

Original Truck delivered to Vietnam Nov. 1967 weight: just shy of 6,000 lbs.
All truck, has rust but it is 44 years old. 5.11 gears Dana rears front and back
Small block V-8 , Everything works needs a little TLC
1 1/4 Ton, 4WD, 3 Speed Auto-Trans, Yes-Has a clean title
International Harvester 345cu V-8
Great for parades, working on the farm or mud bogs

Attachments

KsM715

For $1200 that would make a good start at a nice trail rig. Definately not something you want to buy as a restoration project. But I'd wheel the snot out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks