• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help please with CUCV throttle cable attachment to injector pump

roscoepcoltraine

Hi!
I'm installing my rebuilt injector pump (with a lot of help from what you guys have posted on SS) and am realizing I am probably missing OEM parts that help hold the throttle cable end eyelet snug on the injector pump throttle arm post. I actually noticed they must be missing when I removed the old IP, because the throttle cable end eyelet had a lot of 'play', both up-and-down on the post (the eyelet hole has a bigger diameter than the post), as well as side-to-side (the eyelet can slide side-to-side almost an inch, out to the end of the post where the retainer clip is).

I believe one of the parts I'm missing is a grommet that goes in the eyelet hole. But, I think this will only eliminate the 'up and down' play. I'm thinking there must be some other OEM part that eliminates the 'side to side' play, and keeps the throttle cable end eyelet working its way out to the end of the post towards the retaining clip. The diameter of the post out near the retaining clip gets smaller too, so I'm thinking some part must be needed to keep the throttle cable end eyelet from working its way out there.

Am including a pic of my setup -- maybe that will show you what I'm missing. The pic shows what I have attached to my IP throttle arm post : (1) the throttle cable end eyelet, (2) 2 standard metal washers, one on each side of the eyelet, and (3) the retaining clip, on the end of the post.IMG_7754.jpg

Does anybody know what I'm missing? Or, maybe somebody can post a pic of the OEM setup on their IP's throttle arm, so I can see what should be there?

Thanks!!!

roscoepcoltraine

Thanks, Barrman. So, it sounds like with your trucks you've never had an issue with some 'slop' in the throttle cable to IP throttle arm connection? No racing, or hesitation, or such?

And thank you Guyfang for the TM. Yes pg 57 is the right one. Maybe it's just me, but I can't get much out of that diagram as far as what's on the IP throttle arm post, besides the end of the throttle cable and the retaining clip.

However, I did end up finding what I'm missing: Hillbilly Wizard has a "throttle cable repair kit", which includes a grommet , a plastic sleeve (which turn out to be the two parts I'm missing), and retaining clip: https://www.hillbillywizard.com/cucv-and-k30-parts/throttle-cable-repair-kit/

Just ordered one now ($23). Hopefully this might help someone else too. Thank you guys! Y'all at SS have been a huge help to my rehabbing of my M1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks