• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help plz stuck in byron

jimh1985

Well guys I decided to go on a little off road adventure...
I have gotten my deuce stuck out on the power lines in byron GA.
I have a friend with another deuce our attempts for 8 hours of digging and pulling have failed. So that brings me here is there anyone in the area who can help??
I understand it is the holidays but I don't want to leave it back there to long. I would gladly pay someone for the help I am almost to the point of saying if you can get it out you can have it!
I will be back at it tomorrow morning plz message if your interested in helping out. aua

CycleJay

Hello,

I would help, but my M1009 is not running right now.

Good luck, and God bless you, I hope you guys get it out asap,
and before you give it away.

Merry Christmas

CJ

jimh1985

A tractor maybe, if we tried to pull it with the tractor and his deuce it might come out. the road condition its pretty bad there no way a tow truck could get there.

jimh1985

I don't have pics but I can tell you the front of the truck is down to the bumper, we've been digging out out but we cant dig under the middle of the truck, the rear is down to the axle we've been able to dig it out but it seems the more we pull the truck out the deeper the front gets, now the front wheels have turned some and are making it worse. we can snatch as hard as his deuce can and it no longer budges.

axlr8

Sounds like you have a pit to dig around the deuce...and under....then lay some type of board or track under the area where the wheels will be so you wont have to do it again... Get some friends and shovels...and beer as I have heard. They will dig to that! :D Good luck!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have an anchor point nearby you can use your rear duals as a winch and spool a cable between the rims.

If you have such an anchor point (tree, powerline tower, boulder) let us know and we can help with a better description of the self-recovery technique.

Prays UP for your quick recovery.

John
San Angelo, TX

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think he has rear duals. I think he has a bobbed truck. I think he needs to unbob it to get out! Now, bolting rims on the rear axle, as an outer dual, then using them to wind a cable or chains on, that might help.

Time for a winch!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think he has rear duals. I think he has a bobbed truck. I think he needs to unbob it to get out! Now, bolting rims on the rear axle, as an outer dual, then using them to wind a cable or chains on, that might help.

Time for a winch!
Good point - Bobbed and busted.... BUMMER :sad:
10 wheels on the ground instead of just 4 could have prevented the problem, but that's moot at this point.
At lease as a BOBBER, she's going to be a little lighter and a somewhat smaller recovery vehicle might have a decent shot at it. It's a two-edged sword on that.

If it was closer, this would be a fun recovery to execute for Christmas :D

3dAngus

Warner Robins towing can probably haul it out with their winch truck and long cable. I have a M109, but if it is so bad a tow truck can't get in there, not sure it would help any without a winch on it. PM me your cell number and give me your exact location.
Do you have any extra long towing straps? And can you take a picture from high ground to your stuck truck?

flyxpl

You may need to do some more digging . Even if you get something to pull it out and attempt to do so as stuck as it is you need to pull very slow . Sounds like it is stuck good and if not carefull you will break something pulling it out . you need to get the front wheels straight before you pull .

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you jack up the front of the truck and possibly get concrete blocks under the tires?

3dAngus

Yep, front wheels have to be straighened out all right, even if you have to try to drive it in deeper to straighten them. Again, WR Towing can winch it out, but even he might suggest you get those wheels straight, or he might just pull your axle right on off of there if bottomed out and wheels turned.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Talk about bad timing, if it wasn't christmas and I didn't have family coming over I would help. If you are still stuck by monday I can help, I can bring my small backhoe to help dig. Pm me your #