• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help posting pics from phone

Ford Mechanic

Just got my first smartphone a galaxy s5. I tried the tap_a_talk thing and couldn't figure out how to get around SS on it. So I've not been using it. So I'm trying to post pics and when I select browse in the full page up loader it doesn't give me a gallery option to pull from, and that's where they are stored.

Any advise?? Any would be appreciated.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use Firefox you can post just as you do on the regular site. I've had a really poor experience with tapatalk and even now can't find a way to respond to posts.

Ford Mechanic

Firefox?? I'm using Chrome for a browser and not using tap a talk.
My 3 little dots at the top of my screen, share doesn't list pics or gallery....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Android's file structure doesn't lend well to browsers being able to upload files. That and the fact tapatalk "dumbs down" the website into something mobile friendly in display is why everyone uses it.

Ford Mechanic

No go. Mine is different. I do have the 3 dots at the top and share is a option but gallery isn't in the share options. I can get to the clipboard and I copied a pic to it and can now see it there, but I can't do anything with it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
uploadfromtaptalk1410129632642.jpg

Posted from tapatalk on android. Just clicked on reply and the paperclip icon, then selected a file.

Ford Mechanic

Thanks for the help, I've found that in tapatalk you can't post pics from quick reply you have to reply to a post to even see the paper clip. And it shows right up when starting a new thread.
Much thanks Andrew for getting me straight. New phone is smarter than I am.

phil2968

Ha! There's you problem right there! It's a smart phone/tablet app! I ain't supposed to have no common cents! I juz thunkin' osit and itin pops up on that thar shiny piture!
I'senn learn yous real good at the truks shindig.......boy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks