• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help problem with the ip on a mep-005a generator

sdixon8

does anyone on here know much about the ip on the mep -005a? i had problems with the old pump(flex ring went) and put a rebuilt pemp on it, it ran for about 10 hours. then quit. i have check and repleced all the filters and have plenty of fuel to the pump. i took out the check valve. hopeing that was the problem, and it wasent. i have power to the pump, and when i crack the injector lines. i get very little fuel coming out. no where enough to run on. and the engine will run on starting fluid. any ideas? i talked to the tech up to the shop and he told me i should bring pump back. and wait a few weeks to get it looked at, but i am really in need of the generator this week.

weisskr

Not sure if you are aware and you may already know this but there is a lever next to the throttle linkage that should be all the way back towards the control panel. Sometimes these are tied back with wire. If it is not tied back it can vibrate forward and cut the fuel.
You say you just had the pump gone through so they should have checked the screen on the inlet to the pump where the fuel enters the injector pump. I have seen those with crud and blocking incoming fuel. You will need to remove the incoming fuel line and then remove the nut where the fuel line attaches and inside you will find a screen, check that.
You did mention you checked for voltage at the injector pump solenoind on top of the injector but do you know if it is truly cycling?

These are just a few of the things I have dealt with in the past....

Keep us posted, we cant help others if you dont post what you found.

Kevin

sdixon8

yup checked the screen. and the manual fuel lever is wired in the run position. and the fuel valve is opening with 24 volts present to the wire.

sdixon8

we i hated to do it but i took the pump back to the rebuilder and they tore it apart and a piece of metal had broke off and somehow got stuck in the shut off valve. their is a valve on the end where the injector lines bolt on that got bent somehow and broke the piece of metal off the fuel rod inside the pump. guess now it is a waiting game till they get it done. thanks for all the help.

PeterD

Does this model have the Allis Chalmers engine with Roosa Master IP?
The MEP-005 is a Hercules 6 cylinder (the 298 ) with a Roosa Master. The MEP-006 i sthe Allis-Chalmers with a similar pump. And the MEP-004 is a Hercules 4 cylinder (the 198 ) with the Roosa Master as well.

Generally they are a reliable and good engine.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks