• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help removing body from frame

BSH

M101A1 trailer, looking to take the body off. If I'm looking at this correctly, I loosen the nuts, and slide them over to the wide opening to remove. But they don't seem to be working that way. Am I mistaken? Any suggestions?

By the way, I'd also like to add a rear fold-down support leg to my trailer. Where can I pick one of those up?
Thanks.

Barrman

You are correct. At least for the ones not at either the very front or very back. When I pulled my bed off a few months ago. Most of the carriage bolts just spun in place. I "think" there are 12 or 14 fasteners holding the bed to the frame. 8 of mine had to be cut off.

The 101 came with a rear landing leg in some versions. They are out there, so keep looking. I have come across at least 3 different styles, so the more you look, the more you will see what you want.