• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help removing doors

matttupp84

I'm having some trouble getting the arms off of the doors to remove them. Is there a trick to this? I'm referring to the arm that is inbetween the 2 hinges, it keeps the door from opening all the way back. I'm trying to get the cab all apart, and i'm a little confused..... Thanks for the help!

nattieleather

Well it should be straight forward pull the pin where the arm attaches to the body and remove the door. If someone changed the pin or it is crimped in some fashion the stop it from coming out you may need to cut the pin to remove it. With out eyes on your truck it's hard to say exactly what needs to be done.

matttupp84

Well thats what i thought. But the pin looked like a rivet, and i didnt want to drill it out if that wasn't the right way. On other vehicles your right you just pull the pin and thats it. I figured this was the same way. Just wanted to double check. i appreciate it. I'll take another look and maybe your right, maybe its just smashed or crimped. Just didnt want to mess any little parts up. Thanks

matttupp84

ok cool thanks Bruce. The one on the drivers door was ripped out the of the door jamb. Not sure how that happened. But oh well. I'll drill out the other this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks