• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help requested....

Leatherneck2111

Ok, I'm relatively new here but have a couple of questions.

I work part time as a weapons consultant for a moderate size auction house, today they called me with a few questions I am going to require help with.

They are-

A) What is the base value of a M-4 Sherman (variation unknown) tank that is in running condition.

B) Same question as above but M-4 has no tracks, but engine runs and tranny engages so should be driveable w/tracks.

C) Value of a "armored car" type unknown,origin unknown. From description sounds like an M8 but that is a guess.

I will be able to see these within the next 60 days as the estate is prepped for dissolution. I just need a ballpark to start from...I'm an old tank/SP Arty repair guy so I think I will be able to judge condition fairly well.

And Yes, as soon as I get pictures you all will see them. I can use some expertice with the vintage stuff.

Also in the estate is approx. 300 WWII era firearms from all the nations involved. That is my real forte here. But also 2 pole barns full of parts and pieces for various vehicles and general militaria. Should be fun.

Thanks in advance.

B3.3T

Save yourself a lot of grief and go directly to Fred Ropke in Crawfordsville. He is an expert on both the armor and firearms you mention. EVERYONE will have an opinion, but Fred is an expert and HONEST.
The armor is very valuable, you need an expert you can trust.
Ropkey Armor Museum

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree withB3.3T Fred ia aguy who won't steer you wrong and chances are he has knowledge of the person who's estate you are working with as the armor circuit is an Elite circle
in this hobbie and most of those guy's know or have known of ea. other.

THANKS! popacom[thumbzup]

B3.3T

Forgot to say also, Fred is a **** of a great guy too. you will love meeting him. Just call him and tell him all about your needs.