• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help to remove stuck injector

Bowtie70SS

Can someone point me in the direction of a way to remove a stuck fuel injector? Its stuck bad and is on a LDS 427-2. I am able to turn is with some great effort after heat, a air chisel, PB blaster, WD-40, and deep creep. Its no where near coming out. I was even able to hit it wiith a slide hammer a bit. What's the trick? I searched but with 600+ results and most having to do with my topic, i gave up.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
50/50 solution of acetone and ATF. Tested better than any commercial product.

Bowtie70SS

This engine has sat a long time all be it indoors. It had 4 red plugs in injector holes and the 2 stuck injectors were left in. It is stuck right now but I am trying to see if it is salvageable or not. I picked it up for a good price and it has lots of useable parts on it. I will probably end up pulling the heads for inspection if nothing else.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have heard the heads are the same on them all(multifuels). If you decode you need a head, let me know, I might have one around somewheres.

acesneights1

Had that happen to me on an 8.3. Had to pull the head and beat it out from the otherside. That said there really isn't any reason I can see that the multifuel injs should get stuck like that. They are not a tapered fit. They have a copper(iirc) washer at the tip that seals it to the head . Actually on 2 LDT's so far they came out with ease so I would just be patient and keep soaking it. In situations like this patience can be a powerful ally.

rustystud

Had that happen to me on an 8.3. Had to pull the head and beat it out from the otherside. That said there really isn't any reason I can see that the multifuel injs should get stuck like that. They are not a tapered fit. They have a copper(iirc) washer at the tip that seals it to the head . Actually on 2 LDT's so far they came out with ease so I would just be patient and keep soaking it. In situations like this patience can be a powerful ally.
Close tolerances and RUST can make a part feel like it's welded in. I agree keep soaking it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks